The Drapers Hall, London
The Drapers Company
Hive Group were appointed by the Drapers Company for the upgrading of water services within the historic Drapers Hall and…
The Drapers Hall in Throgmorton Street, London, owned by the historic Drapers Guild, the present hall was bought by King Henry the VIII in 1543 for the sum of 1,800 marks (approximately £1,200). This magnificent property had been the house of Thomes Cromwell, Earl of Essex and Chief Minister to Henry, but had been forfeited to the king on Cromwell’s execution in July 1540.
Hive were appointed to upgrade the existing incoming mains and boosted water services within the grade II* listed building.
We were also appointed to fully refurbish the plot immediately next door which comprised a major refurbishment/remodelling of an existing grade II listed building located within the City of London. The building is owned by the Drapers Company and is currently utilised as a multi-tenanted commercial office space, comprising of basement, ground floor and four stories above ground.
The basement levels are utilised for storage with some plant and ancillary areas. The building also includes a retail unit located within part of the ground/basement level, which remained fully operational during the refurbishment works.
The refurbishment was completed with entirely new building services throughout, the complete scheme reflected the clients requirements of a modern office development, based on the requirements of the British Council for Offices (BCO) guides. The services included comfort cooling, heating, fresh air ventilation together with new lighting, power, data and AV systems.
Hive Group were appointed by the Drapers Company for both the RIBA Stages 2-6 MEP design of 27 Throgmorton Street in London and the upgrading of water services within the historic Drapers Hall.